Happy Thursday! It’s the final Keep It Together for 2019 – will you be joining us in 2020? I’d also like to announce that we have a new co-host: Keep It Together will be brought to you every month by myself, Alexandra from Simply Alexandra AND Rebecca Jo from Knit By God’s Hand.Keep It Together: My 2020 Memory Keeping Goals #ontheblog #planners Click To Tweet
Today’s post is a little different; I don’t have any fun photos to show you, but since it’s the end of the year, I figured it would be a great way to get ready for 2020 and all things memory keeping!
Keep It Together: My 2020 Goals
I’m going to break these down into different memory keeping categories, since I don’t just do one thing. I had high hopes for 2019, but I’ve been kind of lax when it comes to planning and everything else, so fingers crossed the inspiration and motivation is high next year.
- I have a new planner for 2020, which I will probably share in January. I want to use my planner more this year. I feel like I put things down after the fact a lot and I’d like to keep up with it better.
- I want to decorate my planner more! I did a lot of decorating in 2018, but not so much this year. I have TONS of stickers and washi tape and fun pens, so I really need to enjoy that aspect of planning more in the new year.
- Keep track of books for review – I did this in my Bullet Journal in 2018, but before that, I always had a list in my Happy Planner. I think I’m going to go back to my planner, but we’ll see. At any rate, I need to keep better track of review books (especially those from Netgalley).
- I have what I call an Entertainment Bullet Journal. I keep track of monthly stats like Books I Read, Monthly Playlists, Movies I Saw in the Theaters. I’ve been really bad at keeping up with that this year. I have most of the year in there now, but I want to be more on top of it in 2020.
- Keep better track of songs for my playlists – I love looking back at my Monthly Playlists, but sometimes I get so behind and I haven’t been tracking the songs, so I don’t know what all I really listened to in a month. I need to write them down more often!
- Pay attention to quotes in books that I love. The lovely Shea from Shea Lennon gave me the idea to take pictures of quotes that you’re loving, and I’ve done this for physical books, but I want to be more diligent about it next year. After all, it’s way easier to look up lyrics for a song than it is to find that perfect quote you loved from a book (unless it’s something super popular).
- I actually got a Project Life album this year – as well as some cards and inserts – so I’m ready to get started on my London album. Unfortunately, I just haven’t started. I meant to work on that this year so 2020 NEEDS to be the year that I finally do that. After all, I went to London three years ago now (and yes, I STILL have blog posts to share about it too – whoops!)
- Along with my Project Life album, I want to get back to scrapbooking in general. I don’t know if I want another PL album or a “traditional” scrapbook, but I used to keep scrapbooks for awhile and it’s been years now. I even have a ton of older photos printed off that I need to scrapbook. Seriously – this goes back to high school. I’ve made a couple scrapbooks over the years for my sister and I think they turned out wonderful, so I want to really put more time and effort into my own. It’s a fun way to remember things!
What are your 2020 Keep It Together Goals?
Whatever you do – planners, bullet journals, scrapbooks, or something else- let me know what you hope to focus on in the new year!
If you have your own post, link up below!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
I would like to take part in this link up at some point! I have a new book planner to share.
ooh yes, please do!
LOOK AT ALL THE PLANNERS you’re going to do – I LOVEEEEE IT!!!
I started adding the Netgalley deadlines to my planner this year, and it’s been so helpful with setting reading goals.I just bought my Happy Planner for the new year and am so excited to decorate and update it! Hopefully I’ll be able to between Christmas and New Years. I will definitely be participating with that in January!
I can’t wait to see your 2020 planner!
I don’t any of these things but I do want to organize my photos next year. After moving twice – I realized what a mess they are. It’s going to be a huge undertaking though but I already bought a few organizers to get started.
Karen @ For What It’s worth
I want to get better about putting my Netgalley review books on my calendar. Sometimes I lose track of the publication dates and get behind, so I’m hoping having them right there on my calendar will help me better stay on top of things.
Oh my, so goals… I want to take over the world and keep my children alive. I think I can do pretty well on both. Maybe I should start bullet journeling in order to make my goals come to fruition? 🙂 You are the boss!
I love that so many of your goals have a creative bent. The planners are great for organization but also a creative outlet. Perfect mix! 🙂
I finally started another bullet journal (took me half the year, but better late than never, haha)–I love the idea of keeping track of songs for playlists + great quotes from books! :] (It’s awesome that you have so many different ideas for your different planners/journals! I may be maxed out at two–I need to start a travel bullet journal so I can document everything from my road trip.)
Oh, I love the idea of a travel bullet journal!!
I used to have a happy planner and loved it! I’m doing a different one this year and am excited to get started. I actually got it yesterday and squealed when I saw it bc I’m that much of a nerd lol. Also I’d love to scrapbook. I love looking through them but never feel motivated enough to keep up with them!
Scrapbooking definitely takes a lot of time and motivation. I think the Project Life albums help make it a bit easier, but I need to actually get started on one!
I’m not very organized, lol. The most I do are calendars with the ARCs I’m supposed to read and review, and I use my iPhone calendar for personal stuff. You sound way more together than me! 🙂
Sounds like you’re going to be very organized in 2020! 🙂
Good luck with the journals and planners. I keep everything digitally now.
Oooh! I love the idea of an Entertainment Bullet Journal! I may have to do something similar. I’m awful at keeping track of the movies and shows I’ve watched…
I just posted my goals for 2020, feel free to take a peek 🙂 https://www.ericarobynreads.com/my-goals-for-2020/
I’ve got to get some goals set! Haven’t had a lot of time to think yet. But I know I want to definitely work on being better with budgeting my money.
I have my 2020 blogging goals/resolutions together but I have no idea what I want life-wise in 2020 and I need to work that out. 2019 was a bit of a shambles and I blame that on not having any goals to work towards!