Happy Thursday! It’s the final Keep It Together for 2019 – will you be joining us in 2020? I’d also like to announce that we have a new co-host: Keep It Together will be brought to you every month by myself, Alexandra from Simply Alexandra AND Rebecca Jo from Knit By God’s Hand.Keep It Together: My 2020 Memory Keeping Goals #ontheblog #planners Click To Tweet
Today’s post is a little different; I don’t have any fun photos to show you, but since it’s the end of the year, I figured it would be a great way to get ready for 2020 and all things memory keeping!
Keep It Together: My 2020 Goals
I’m going to break these down into different memory keeping categories, since I don’t just do one thing. I had high hopes for 2019, but I’ve been kind of lax when it comes to planning and everything else, so fingers crossed the inspiration and motivation is high next year.
- I have a new planner for 2020, which I will probably share in January. I want to use my planner more this year. I feel like I put things down after the fact a lot and I’d like to keep up with it better.
- I want to decorate my planner more! I did a lot of decorating in 2018, but not so much this year. I have TONS of stickers and washi tape and fun pens, so I really need to enjoy that aspect of planning more in the new year.
- Keep track of books for review – I did this in my Bullet Journal in 2018, but before that, I always had a list in my Happy Planner. I think I’m going to go back to my planner, but we’ll see. At any rate, I need to keep better track of review books (especially those from Netgalley).
- I have what I call an Entertainment Bullet Journal. I keep track of monthly stats like Books I Read, Monthly Playlists, Movies I Saw in the Theaters. I’ve been really bad at keeping up with that this year. I have most of the year in there now, but I want to be more on top of it in 2020.
- Keep better track of songs for my playlists – I love looking back at my Monthly Playlists, but sometimes I get so behind and I haven’t been tracking the songs, so I don’t know what all I really listened to in a month. I need to write them down more often!
- Pay attention to quotes in books that I love. The lovely Shea from Shea Lennon gave me the idea to take pictures of quotes that you’re loving, and I’ve done this for physical books, but I want to be more diligent about it next year. After all, it’s way easier to look up lyrics for a song than it is to find that perfect quote you loved from a book (unless it’s something super popular).
- I actually got a Project Life album this year – as well as some cards and inserts – so I’m ready to get started on my London album. Unfortunately, I just haven’t started. I meant to work on that this year so 2020 NEEDS to be the year that I finally do that. After all, I went to London three years ago now (and yes, I STILL have blog posts to share about it too – whoops!)
- Along with my Project Life album, I want to get back to scrapbooking in general. I don’t know if I want another PL album or a “traditional” scrapbook, but I used to keep scrapbooks for awhile and it’s been years now. I even have a ton of older photos printed off that I need to scrapbook. Seriously – this goes back to high school. I’ve made a couple scrapbooks over the years for my sister and I think they turned out wonderful, so I want to really put more time and effort into my own. It’s a fun way to remember things!
What are your 2020 Keep It Together Goals?
Whatever you do – planners, bullet journals, scrapbooks, or something else- let me know what you hope to focus on in the new year!
If you have your own post, link up below!