You might recognize Justin Chon from the film version of Twilight, as he played human Eric Yorkie. However, on March 13, you can catch him in the movie Crossing Over. Justin was kind enough to fit our questions into his busy schedule so that you could learn more about this film, which looks incredible.
1. Crossing Over deals with the immigration into American society for those wishing to become legal citizens. What exactly can viewers expect to witness or come away with while watching this movie?
Audiences of “Crossing Over” can expect to be extremely surprised at how hard it is to immigrate to this country. They will be able to witness the many hardships one goes through when trying to become a citizen of the US and how fortunate we are to live here legally. The film follows a number of characters from different countries and tells each of their stories.
2. For a movie that seems to deal with a lot of different people, who exactly is your character? Will you be in the film throughout it or simply at a certain point?
My character is present throughout the film. My character’s name is Yong Kim. He is a Korean immigrant who is trying to adjust to his new surroundings in Los Angeles. Yong ends up getting mixed up with the wrong crowd and comes to many life changing realizations in this film.
3. When you heard about this role, what were the main reasons you wished to be a part of this?
When I read the script, I really wanted to be a part of this story. Although I was born here, my parents were immigrants to this country. My closeness to them and to many of my family friends who are immigrants made me realize that I could offer a true and honest depiction of this experience. I knew I could do the role justice and contribute certain true qualities and acting abilities.
4. Have you been able to see the final version yet? If so, what did you think? If not, what are you most excited to see?
No, I have not been able to see the final version yet because I was in Korea while most of the industry screenings were taking place. My agent and publicist saw the film and they really liked it. I am so excited to see the film as a whole. I can’t wait to see how the film impacts me as a viewer and not as an actor.
5. Finally, if you had to promote this movie in one sentence, giving everyone a good reason to see it, what would you say?
If I had to promote this film in one sentence it would be…This film is about tolerance, compassion and love.
How to enter? Leave a comment about this interview and/or the movie. Do you want to see it? Had you heard about it before?
Prize (5 winners!): An Autographed Photo of Justin Chon, from him to you!
Deadline: Saturday, February 28 is the LAST day you can enter.
Open too: Everyone (pictures are easy for to send, so this will be an International Contest!)