I found this meme on Linny’s Vault and this is probably the second time I’ve done it, but they have some fun questions every week…so I will try and take part more often.
Today’s Topic: 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Me…
I love getting to know bloggers a bit better, so I’d love it if some of you would do this post (or even just leave some facts about yourself in the comments!)
1. I’m obsessed with the U.K. soap opera Hollyoaks. I don’t watch full episodes, but I do tend to follow various storylines and I’m currently trying to get caught up to the newest episodes. Watching Hollyoaks for too long makes me start speaking in an English accent though. I don’t do it on purpose…and it’s usually when I ask a question. I only know I’m doing it when someone points it out; mainly my sister.
2. I tend to get hurt in the weirdest ways. I got stitches above my eye when I was younger because I got hit in the head by a wooden baby swing. In eighth grade, I was in a play and I was doing a leap- a dance move for the beginning- and I ended up fracturing my ankle.
3. I used to be in an online book club for years and that’s what led to my creation of this blog. Through this blog though, I ended up visiting New Jersey/NYC and meeting a lot of the members, attending Bamboozle Music Festival twice, and one of my good friends now is from this club.
4. Smith magazine published those 6 Word Memoir books which I think are awesome. When I was still a teenager (I’m 23 now) they had a chance for teenagers to send in their memoirs. Mine ended up being accepted and is including in the book called I Can’t Keep My Own Secrets. My memoir was even mentioned in their introduction in the beginning of the book, which I thought was hilarious. My memoir? “I was named after a store.” Laura Ashley. My mom didn’t want to name me after someone in the family (Laura) so my name was changed to Lauren Ashley.
5. If I had the talent, my dream job would be to be on Broadway. I’m obsessed with plays and musicals but I can’t sing and I’m way too shy to be able to get up in front of people. With the talent that I do currently have, I’d love to be a published author.