Interview with Leslie from Spa Time Baby
1. One of your products is the very cool tummy tub that is meant to save water and space and create a bath experience that will feel like the womb to the baby. I have to say it’s very ingenious idea. What has the feedback been about the tubs so far? Is there a set weight/age limit for them?
The TummyTub is sweeping the nation with its unique function and design. The TummyTub is by far a favorite of moms because baby is extremely calm and relaxed. Why? The TummyTub simulates a reassuring, womb-like experience for baby–nearly as nice as mommy’s tummy! This is for birth-2 years.
2. The cape is an amazing product that will help moms and dads bathe their children without the worry of having half the bath upended on their clothes. Where did this idea come from and are all capes personalized with a name?
All good ideas and inventions sprout from necessity. Looking for a safe, convenient and cozy way to bathe and dry her baby daughter Grace, Spa Time Baby’s Co-Founder Debra Medina, took to putting her terrycloth bathrobe on backwards like a smock. One day she thought a terry cloth cape would be perfect for this task and began searching for one on the internet. After not finding one, Debra designed and invented the Spa Time Baby Cape. All Spa Time Baby Capes are available for monogramming.
3. I’m a huge reader so I think it’s great that you sell some bath books for children to enjoy in the tub and out of it. Do you have a favorite story out of the set available?
All the Spa Time Baby books are absolutely delightful with a squeaky toy attached on a string for extra playtime fun for baby. However, our favorite is the silly Flip, Flap, Flop because the penguins wobble around on the ice and slide on their tummies. How adorably cute is that! Can we expect any new ones to be released any time soon? Yes, as a matter of fact, Spa Time Baby has recently added The Jolly Pirate to the Baby’s First Bath Books collection. The Jolly Pirate is a fun and simple story about a pirate following a treasure map. The Jolly Pirate includes a squeaky toy parrot for extra fun!
4. Do you have any children of your own, and if so, what products do you believe work best for your family from the site?
Leslie has a four year old daughter, and Debra has a three year old daughter. It has always been very important for Leslie’s family to use organic & all natural products, and Leslie uses Spa Time Baby’s All Natural Soaps with her daughter–the Sweet Lavender is her favorite! Debra started using the Spa Time Baby Cape with her daughter when she was a tiny infant, and she continues to use the cape in various ways as her daughter gets older–the waterproof panel sure comes in handy! Debra also uses the Spa Time Baby Mat with her daughter right after bath time for massage. Debra loves the mat because of the waterproof layer and her favorite print, Chic Baby.
5. If you could wish on a real shooting star what would you wish for and why?
We wish for all babies and toddlers everywhere to feel nurtured and pampered. We think you’ll agree….Everyone deserves a little Spa Time!
Giveaway and Coupon Code if You Want To Buy-
Code: 35% discount by entering the code STB2 at checkout
Any one Spa Time Baby product (excluding tub & stool sets, gift sets, spa sets & monogramming).
Why would you like to win? What did you like about the interview?
Extra Extra (leave a NEW COMMENT FOR EACH)-
+ 1 if you follow
+1 if you post about this somewhere
+1 if you sign up for the Spa Time Baby newsletter on the site
+1 if you follow Spa Time Baby on twitter: http://twitter.com/spatimebaby