Join the Summer Reading Challenge hosted by @shootingstarmag! Prizes for Kids, Teens, and Adults! #ontheblog #summerreading Click To Tweet
I used to do the Summer Reading Challenge at my local library all the time when I was a kid. It was a lot of fun to read books and possibly earn prizes. The libraries around me have moved their challenges online this year – with the chance to still win prizes – but I know not everyone has a library, or has a library doing their reading challenge this summer. Even if you are, you can’t have too many summer reading challenges, can you? Therefore, I decided to create my own! Read on!
Welcome to Shooting Stars Mag’s Summer Reading Challenge
- there are three different categories: Kids, Teens, and Adults
- If your kid is older, but not yet a teen, they can choose to do the teen challenge, but they cannot do both kids and teens
- the Summer Reading Challenge will end on Friday, July 31
- There will be a June AND July giveaway for each category: Kids, Teens, and Adults (you enter the one you’re personally doing – or enter for your kid). These will be open to International entries.
- There will be a SUMMER WIDE giveaway for each category – this will be U.S. only (at the moment), unless the winner can help with shipping costs. I don’t mind splitting that if need be.
- You can enter yourself, your kids, whoever you want. Just place your entries for each participant in the correct category (aka no double dipping!)
Kid’s Reading Challenge
- ages o-12
- If an older kid wants to do the teen challenge, they can, but they cannot do both kids and teens
- there are two ways to enter the June giveaway. You get points for each individual book you read, and then once you hit 8, fill out the tracker form and get even more points! 2 points for each individual book, and you can enter a new book everyday!
- Complete the tracker form once your kid has reached 8 books (below) – parents or guardians should email me the form or tag me on social media using #summerreadingtracker before adding your entry on the form. You get 5 points per form, and you can submit a new “form” everyday! Basically, your kid must read (or be read) 8 books for each form to count!
Enter the June giveaway above. The winner can have a book up to $10 from The Book Depository. These are open to International Entries.
You can print the above bookmark out and let your kids use it for summer reading! If you do, I’d love to be tagged on social media seeing it in use!
Teen’s Reading Challenge
- this challenge is for teens aged 13-19
- older kids can choose to do the teen challenge, but they cannot do both kids and teens.
- There is a Read a Book option – once you’ve read one book, submit this as an entry and get 2 points. You can do this every day. Once you hit 8 books, fill out the tracker form (more on that below) for 5 points.
- either the teens themselves, or their parent/guardian, must either email me each completed form or tag me on social media with the completed form using the hashtag #summerreadingtracker. Each completed form gives participants 5 points toward the giveaway – and they can add a new form every day. Each form is 8 books, but they can be any book!
This is the tracker form for both teens and adults!
The June giveaway for Teens is above -they can enter to win a book up to $10 from The Book Depository! This is open to International Entries!
Here is the bookmark for Teens and Adults. Again, if you print one off and use it, feel free to tag me on social media. I’d love to see them in action!
Adult’s Reading Challenge
- this is open to people aged 20+
- there are more options for the giveaways if you’re an adult (in terms of gaining entries).
- You get 2 points for each individual book that you read. You can enter a new book every single day. Once you hit 8 books, fill out a tracker form and read below for more details.
- Like the other challenges, you must fill out a tracker form (8 books read) to gain 5 points into the monthly giveaway. Fill out the form and email it to me or tag me on social media and use #summerreadingtracker. You can do this everyday, so you have plenty of chances to gain points for the more books you read.
- 8 books – but they can be anything, unless you are reading them for your kid’s challenge. Please don’t double up. If you’re reading to your kid for their challenge, you should use them ONLY for your kid’s challenge – you would need your own books for your challenge. But if you’re reading a kid’s book just for fun or for a kid that isn’t doing the challenge, go ahead and count it!
I have a tracker for the books you read, as well as a fun bookmark, above under the Teen Section. Go there to grab them so I’m not re-posting the same images twice!
Enter the Adult giveaway above for your choice of a book up to $10 from The Book Depository. International entries are welcome!
These are the instructions for the Summer Reading Challenge for each age level, as well as how you can enter to win the June giveaways! There will be giveaways in July as well, and again, a Summer Wide giveaway for each age level. I’m still working out the prizes for the Summer Wide winners – but they will be bigger than the monthly giveaways! If anyone wants to help donate to these prizes, please get in touch and we can chat: lauren51990 AT aol DOT com
I am also thinking of doing random giveaways throughout June & July, so read your books, follow me on social media (and tag me in any photos), get your kids/teens reading, and you just might win one of these many prizes!!
Remember: use #summerreadingtracker when posting on social media! The Challenge starts NOW, and if you’re in the middle of a book, you can count that!!