If you liked this post, please pin!
20 Question Book Tag
I was tagged by the lovely Alix of A Pint-Sized Life and I’m finally getting around to answering all of these fun book-themed questions. If you’d like to do this book tag, consider yourself tagged and let me know when you post, because I’d love to read your answers. You’re welcome to answer any of these in the comments too.A Book Themed Q&A - cliffhangers, book covers, re-reads, and more! #bookbloggers #ontheblog Click To Tweet
1. How many books is too many books in a book series? Honestly, I think trilogies are good because even those can be difficult for me to keep up with. I’m always behind on series, but I can usually get through three okay once I do start reading them.
2. How do you feel about cliffhangers? It depends – if the book is fairly wrapped up and it’s just something to get you excited for the next book, then that’s fine. But a lot of times it tends to be something really huge and you’re left feeling like the book you read was a waste of time until you get to the next one, and I don’t like that!
3. Hardcover or paperback? Either of them! Paperbacks are easier to carry around, but I really like the look and feel of hardbacks.
4. Favorite book? I can’t pick just one! But two absolute favorites would be The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling.
5. Least favorite book? I’m really not a fan of Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck. I had to read it twice for different English classes and I’d be happy to never read it again.
6. Love triangles, yes or no? No, because it’s usually obvious who the MC should choose – or will choose -and then it’s just an annoying back and forth.
7. The most recent book you just couldn’t finish? I don’t know! I’m usually pretty good at choosing books I’ll like to an extent, so I don’t DNF too often.
8. A book you’re currently reading? One of them is Little Boy Blue by M.J. Arlidge – love this series!
9. Last book you recommended to someone? Probably the Shades of Magic series by V.E. Schwab. I own the first in the series, A Darker Shade of Magic, so I let a friend borrow it.
10. Oldest book you’ve read? Oh gosh, I don’t know! I’ve read a lot of classics in my time as an English major.
11. Newest book you’ve read? I’m lucky to read various ARCs, and the books aren’t usually out yet by the time I read them, so it’s hard to say. As I’m writing this, it would be Tight Quarters by Annabeth Albert.
12. Favorite author? J.K. Rowling, Gillian Flynn, M.J. Arlidge, Mackenzi Lee, Kerri Maniscalco, L.A. Witt, Annabeth Albert, John Green, Nick Hornby, etc. I have many!
13. Buying books or borrowing books? Both. I do love my local libraries and I’m lucky to find a lot of books there, but it’s always fun to actually buy books too.
14. A book you dislike that everyone else seem to love? Honestly, it’s more of the books that I just decided to not read that everyone else seems to have read like Divergent, etc.
15. Bookmarks or dog-ears? Bookmarks – or whatever is lying around that I can use as a bookmark. I’ll admit that I’ve dog-eared before! Don’t come at me with pitchforks!
16. A book you can always re-read? Pretty much any of the Harry Potter books (my favorites are the 3rd and 6th though) and The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.
17. Can you read while hearing music? Yes! I’m actually pretty good at reading with noise around – people talking, music, the TV, etc.
18. One POV or multiple POVs? It depends; as long as it makes sense to have all the POVs, I don’t mind more than one!
19. Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days? Definitely depends. Some are shorter or just quick reads and I can finish those in one sitting, but most of the time it takes me a few days – or more!
20. One book you read because of the cover. I don’t know that I’ve read a book because of the cover. I’ve definitely been intrigued by books because of their cover, but I can’t think of any specifics, and I’d have to think the summary sounded good too!