My blogoversary month is coming to an end and today, I’m back with my final Top 11 post. This time, I’m sharing my Top 11 Favorite books. This one was really difficult, and there are definitely more books that I would consider favorites, but this is a good start. I’m also doing a fun mermaid themed giveaway below, so read on!11 Favorite Books for a 11th Blogoversary + Giveaway Prize Packs #ontheblog #giveaway #ontheblog #bookbloggers Click To Tweet
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling: I love all the Harry Potter books, but if I had to choose one of them it would always be the third!
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky: I used to re-read this book every single year, and I found myself understanding and relating to more each time. I highly recommend!
- Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk: This author has some of the craziest books, but Survivor is one I’d recommend to most and I even have an autographed copy (though I’ve never met the author).
- About a Boy by Nick Hornby: Nick Hornby is a great author, but About a Boy is by far my favorite. The movie is one of my favorite films too!
- Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert: This is the second book by this author but it’s by far my favorite. If you love Perks of Being a Wallflower (and even if you don’t or haven’t read it), read this one!
- Dark Places by Gillian Flynn: Most people equate Flynn with Gone Girl, but I’ve been reading her since her debut and Dark Places (her second novel) is still my favorite.
- I Am the Cheese by Robert Cormier: This is such an intriguing little novel. It’s categorized as YA, but adults would love it too. It makes you think for sure!
- Carry the Ocean by Heidi Cullinan: This is an m/m romance with so much heart and emotion. It’s more than just the romance too.
- Peter Darling by Austin Chant: Peter is really a transgender Wendy, who falls in love with Hook. Um, yes please!
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton: I’ve loved this book (and the movie) since I first read it in the 8th grade. It’s such a beautiful look at friends as family.
- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck: I read this book for the first time in the 7th grade because my sister was in 9th grade and was assigned it, so I read it just for fun. It’s one classic that I really love – great character study.
Are any of these you favorites? Do you plan to read any of them?
Giveaway Time: Here’s the Rules
Prize: Two mermaid themed prize packs (photos below)
Open to U.S. only I’m afraid – it’s just too expensive to ship everything overseas
All items were purchased by me for this giveaway
Must be 13+ to enter giveaway (need parental permission if underage)
I’m not responsible for lost/broken items in the mail once I ship them out
Giveaway Ends: Friday, September 28, 2018
Book: The Mermaid by Christina Henry (find on Goodreads)
Mermaid themed Book Sleeve – yes, this book fits in it! (find on Etsy)
Wooden Sign from Hobby Lobby: Be a Mermaid and Make Waves
Book: The Surface Breaks by Louise O’Neill (find on Goodreads)
The Little Mermaid candle (find on Etsy)
Hobby Lobby decor (rock/paper weight type of item): I am actually a mermaid
Enter to Win!
One of the options is following my blog, and you can do so via Bloglovin – find my page here.
Another option is signing up for Ebates – you can sign up with my affiliate link here.
If you don’t see the form below, go here to enter.