Okay, I admit that I haven’t done terribly well with Blogoween this month. However, I am excited about today’s topic (all about thriller books), so I had to join in with The Bursting Bookshelf this weekend. Feel free to share your own answers in the comments, or let me know if you’ve made your own post with the topic!Blogoween: Top 5 Favorite Thriller Books #ontheblog #bookbloggers Click To Tweet
Top 5 Thriller Books
I love reading mysteries, and I’ve gotten a lot better with “scary” books as I’ve gotten older. I don’t know how people decide a book is a thriller or not, as opposed to just a mystery, or suspense, but regardless, these are my top five favorite thrillers (at the moment at least!)
- The Darkest Corners by Kara Thomas– this is the first thriller book by the author, who actually has three out. I’ve read and loved her first two, but right now, I’d say The Darkest Corners is my current favorite by Thomas. This is YA, but it’s something I think adults would enjoy too.
- Eeny Meeny (and the rest of the series) by M.J. Arlidge – I just love this series so much. Not all of the series are exactly thriller books, but I’d still include them on this list. Eeny Meeny is obviously the first in the series, but I’ve read and loved all of them, minus the two recent releases, which I will hopefully get to soon.
- Horns by Joe Hill – Ooh this is a thriller for sure, and I found it dark and crazy and fascinating and just really, really good. This is the first book I’d read by Hill, but it was definitely not the last, and I have more to read by him still!
- Bird Box by Josh Malerman – this book is such a terrifying concept; the idea of a threat that you cannot see. It’s actually being turned into a film and I can’t wait to see one of my favorite thriller books on the big screen.
- Dark Places by Gillian Flynn – finally, there is Dark Places. When people think thriller books, they might jump to Gone Girl (also by Flynn) but Dark Places is her second novel and it’s my favorite of hers so far. It’s also a movie, which I thought was done pretty well, if you’re curious in checking it out. I recommend reading the book though!
There you have it – five of my favorite thriller books. I’m sure if I really thought about it, I could come up with more, but these are definitely top of the list!